Treating for ICH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowdude

Aquarium Advice Activist
I must treat for ich.. i am going to treat my main tank with a NON copper based medication. quarantine does not seem to work for me. I feel it stresses out my fish even more. So, My question is...... can i add fish or coral to my tank while treating the ich? I know coral does not get affected by ich.

You can by no means place ANY fish in your tank while you are treating for ich. IMO the ich "medication" does not work anyway. The only true way to treat for ich would be hyposalinity or cupramene. Any fish that you put in your tank before you let the parasite completely die off will in turn get ich and so the cycle will just start over again. You really should quarantine your fish. The hyposalinity will lessen the stress to your fish while helping them out with the ich at the same time. You have to let your tank set for at least 4-6 weeks so the parasites can go through their life cycle and completly die off. I suspect that you don't quarantine your fish before you put them in your main tank but thats just a guess on my part.

Back
Top Bottom