Trip to fish mart!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

exodus

Aquarium Advice Freak
So tonight one of the guys i work with and my manager went to fish mart, which is a major fish/livestock provder for pet stores in the eastern US. We took so long there, its now 6:30am and i've been home for about 20 minutes. Thats how long. An entire warehouse full of fish.

Some of it was hard to see, there were a few tanks with plenty of dead fish and sad looking ones, but they also had some pretty interesting stuff. Transparent knife fish being one of the more interesting ones.. among many others that I cant remember at the moment.

All in all, we got to hand pick $2000 worth of fish for the store, meanwhile I made off with a new royal pleco, two female blue rams, 2 khuli loaches, two julii cories and 2 corkscrew vals.

Didn't even spend $30 bucks :D

My friend/coworker made off with a really nice green terror too.

What a way to spend a night.

Does this place never close?!? Sounds like a really fun night. Is it located in your state I assume?

really where is this place? do you have to be a seller to visit?

im not a huge pleco person, i stick to the commons, but a royal pleco is one of the more expensive ones im sure, how much do they normally run for $40 or one of the $200 dollar ones?

ive been looking all over for a pic of a trans knife too, what do they look like?

and why did you buy kuhli loaches? unless maybe they're the stipped ones

It runs 24/7, and you have to be a distributor to go there.

We've gotten Royals in the store before and they usually go for $50, so $11 sounded nice to me. I got the kuhli loaches because they somewhat turn over the substrate and eat any food off the bottom. They had lots and the only ones around me I've seen for sale have been at petco, so getting to pick some healthy kuhli's sounded nice to me.

The transparent knives look quite strange.. after a search on the web they're also known as glass knife fish, I'll keep looking around and if I cant find a picture I'll take a shot of one at work.

The african tiger fish were quite a sight too. Only $25..

And yes, this place was only located about 45mins from where I live. Fun fun fun!

african tiger fish? thy're one of the most horrific looking fw fish out there, and they get huge too, dont they?

Back
Top Bottom