Trouble with L. repens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trout11B

Aquarium Advice Freak
It appears that the ludwigia I planted a couple of weeks ago seems to be wilting. The leaves began looking bleached a few days ago now they appear to be curling at the edges.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Attachments

• image-461842299.jpg
    image-461842299.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 66
Looks like it had good growth. Does L. Repens new growth supposed to look washed out like that maybe? I don't see the wilting. It looks healthy other than the color.
What lighting, substrate and ferts are you using?

It's a nutrient deficiency, thinking perhaps iron and or micro nutrients in general. Are you dosing any ferts? Using CO2 or liquid carbon? What is your lighting?

I'm deciding on what fert method I want to try. I'mprobably going to go with PPS-pro and will be ordering it soon.

Other than that there's some root tabs under the substrate but I have a feeling L. repens isn't a heavy root feeder.

The wilting is really the upper leaves curling down and away.

Two 10 watt cfls under the hood, and a DIY CO2 diffuser that also goes into the impeller in an attempt to diffuse more.

Is there anything I can dose with to help the situation before the PPS-Pro gets in? I'd like my plants to stay somewhat healthy in the meantime.

Is there anyway I can supplement the nutrients in my tank until I can get a hold of fertilizers to start PPS-Pro?

You'll have to get some liquid macro ferts like Seachems. They have Flourish Nitrogen (nitrates), Flouish Phosphates, and Flourish Potassium that you can use.

Alright. Any other non-Internet sources? It would take just as long to get seachem products here as it would dry ferts.

What I mean to ask is there a hardware store, general store type solution?

We don't have a lfs around here anymore so it takes a drive to get anywhere and it's more worth it to ship in from the Internet. That's why I ask.

For now you can get some Flourish Comprehensive and API Leaf Zone that is potassium and iron and use both according to directions. They should give you the micro nutrients and iron you need until you get your dry ferts. I accidently gave your macro nutrient info above when it should have been this info. Sorry.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it, but I can't find any of that local. I'll probably just try to rush a delivery if dry ferts.

Thanks again for the info.

R

Back
Top Bottom