Ugrade tank will soon be on its way :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's exactly what i did with my 120. Great filtration is great! When I downgraded I kept a Rena xp3 for my 56 gallon . So I have 2 tetra wisper 70's and a xp3, which is rated for a 175 gallon, on a 56 gallon. I only have to keep up with filters and I vacuum it out every couple months and my nitrates never go over 10. I change the water every few months just to give them some fresh water but the parameters are never high!

Lindsay1718 said:
That's exactly what i did with my 120. Great filtration is great! When I downgraded I kept a Rena xp3 for my 56 gallon . So I have 2 tetra wisper 70's and a xp3, which is rated for a 175 gallon, on a 56 gallon. I only have to keep up with filters and I vacuum it out every couple months and my nitrates never go over 10. I change the water every few months just to give them some fresh water but the parameters are never high!

Wow! Makes me wanna upgrade filtration even more if it will help save on WC's! I plan on getting a python to make changes easier but idk how soon I will be able to get one

And as an update... I got the tank cleaned up :D I used bleach and water and let it sit over night them have it a good scrub down. It doesn't even look like the same tank :) before and after pictures below!

Attachments

• image-2828800800.jpg
    image-2828800800.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1186446617.jpg
    image-1186446617.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 71
I have the tank!!! :) just did measurements (hopefully I did them correctly lol) and the length was 48'' width was just shy of 13'' and heighth was 21'' By the calculator I used it said its roughly a 60 gallon, the calculator said 59.43 gallons, I used the calculator from aquatic community, Is that what you guys would estimate this tank being?

I have a 55g and its measurements are 48L x 12.5W x 20.5H

Whatever fish will co-exist peacefully with angel fish. Ive always wanted angels just have never had a tank big enough for them until now. Angels are a must for me. I have two platies now, one just had fry and some have survived so platies for sure since I have them already. I think I will get some mollies more than likely (probably lyretails), and probably some Cory's. LFS had some long finned rams when I was in last that I fell in love with, but a member here had said they have a high disease rate or something, so I'm not sure if I will go with them or not. Thats all I have so far but I'm open to suggestions :) also I think I'm going to do sand instead of gravel for this tank. What would be a good place to get sand from (somewhere budget friendly would be awesome!)

Hi I have a 55g and I use PFS..I only needed 1 50lb bag...it is more than enough

Let the tank sit in the sun for a few hours to suck the chlorine out if not yur gunna have problems as bleach will absorb in the silicone for the future use only vinegar to.clean tank related parts it will save u alit.of headaches and cleans just as good if not better then soaps and bleach ...

bskerrichard27 said:
Let the tank sit in the sun for a few hours to suck the chlorine out if not yur gunna have problems as bleach will absorb in the silicone for the future use only vinegar to.clean tank related parts it will save u alit.of headaches and cleans just as good if not better then soaps and bleach ...

It's been sitting outside for 2 days, I probably won't get around to getting it inside for another day or two anyway.

Mrs.h2012 said:
And as an update... I got the tank cleaned up :D I used bleach and water and let it sit over night them have it a good scrub down. It doesn't even look like the same tank :) before and after pictures below!

What an amazing transformation! Wish someone would give me a free tank!

Will follow your progress for sure.

I tend to go with 1lb. - 1 1/2 lb. per gallon when figuring how much substrate for my tanks..great find&an even greater clean up...I have a 20g long that I've been waiting to do something with as well,maybe a saltwater fuge...

Back
Top Bottom