Underwater insect ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Curious to see what these things turn out to be.

I don't always see all of the shrimp I have. Some are either hiding or have probably died (hidden from view).

Wolf spiders are common in the US. Interesting to see them down under too. I understand some really dangerous spiders are found in your neck of the woods. Not just spiders.

Ha!
http://imgur.com/5yyFJ5x

Curious to see what these things turn out to be. I don't always see all of the shrimp I have. Some are either hiding or have probably died (hidden from view). Wolf spiders are common in the US. Interesting to see them down under too. I understand some really dangerous spiders are found in your neck of the woods. Not just spiders. Ha! http://imgur.com/5yyFJ5x

Indeed so. It's been quite an interesting experience unintentionally having interactions with so many different creatures on this venture.

I had just been counting them every time I look at them and I had only seen 5 for about a week until the 6th (a very small one) popped up. Just hoping the smaller ones have just been deep in the undergrowth hiding away.

I hadn't actually seen one of these for a good while. Huntsmen have become a rare sight in my area too on that note. That wolf spider had one of his fangs looking rather limp, exhausting work suspending oneself on water for days on end. He gratefully latched onto my rescue stick and needed a prod or two to get under the pot.

Hahah great pic.

I'll continue any big updates of these mystery creatures or anything else that happens to drop in the bucket.

Update: the same spider and another smaller one tool up residence once again in the bucket. I've since removed them again but it is seemingly the allure of small bugs hovering the surface which they can't keep away from. Saw a couple wings floating on the surface.

As for the other creatures. Yesterday I looked and they were pretty much all gone with bundles of weird globs that then littered the bucket. I checked today and there are some back. No where near as much as usual however.

Back
Top Bottom