Unhealthy Pleko - Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hendr1x

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,
I recently (about 2 months ago) took over a 60g tank that came with two plekos. I hardly ever saw them and trusted the advice of the previous owner to basically not worry about them and make sure they had enough food.

So today, when I was cleaning one guy came out of his hiding spot and I don't like how he was looking. I don't remember his original coloring but I think I would have noticed if he looked like this.

Can I please get someone with knowledge about them to tell me if there are any issues.

I did all water tests and everything came back perfect. Ph has been stable at 7.4, Ammonia @ 0, Nitrite @ 0, Nitrate at around 30. I just did a 25% water change as part of my normal maintenance.

I know stress can cause this but they seem to just hide all the time so I'm guessing that they can't be too stressed.

I also want to make sure that I'm feeding them alright....I normally give them two pinches of veggie granules, twice a day and about once a week I drop in two of the large wafers. I'm gonna try giving him some zucchini tonight.

I would appreciate any help you could provide. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2463.jpg
    IMG_2463.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2466.jpg
    IMG_2466.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 38
Look at his behavior more than his color. If he is eating and swimming normally probably no worries. As mentioned in a recent post, most Plecos need a piece of driftwood to naw on to aid in digestion. It sounds like you are doing everything right.

Back
Top Bottom