Unknown disease, pos. TB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saur

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have kinda posted about this before, but with the first fish it happened with. It kind of resembles a mild TB. They have no lesions or anything that looks bad, but they develop a kinIMG_1518285169.106763.jpgked back and cannot use their tails.

At first I thought it was just the one fish, but after it died, they each would go through the process one by one. Only thing though, it’s only affecting my platys. I have two other gourami, an angelfish, and a plecostomus who seem completely unaffected..

The platys that it started with I got in summer, along with the others. The platy it’s working through now I got about a month ago.

I have a 36 bowfront tank at 75 degrees. I’ll put in pics of the fish and parameters. The parameters are high because I was recently treating the tank for a bacteria, which I originally thought was the problem. I’m still working on it but the nitrates are high, and it’s more acidic than I’d like. I’ve been doing regular water changes to help.

The platy has become very skiddish, it is difficult to get a picture. I would like to maybe euthanize her, but I don’t know how, I’ve never done that.

IMG_1518284909.429986.jpgIMG_1518284966.755258.jpgIMG_1518284981.751087.jpgIMG_1518285169.106763.jpg

The platy will not recover. Cold water and a couple ice cubes in a cup for a couple minutes to chill and drop fish in. The fish should pass in under 10 seconds.
If it is TB it will get all your other fish not just the platies.
The curved spine is also a symptom of nutritional deficiency..
What are you feeding them?

I feed them topfin tropical flakes

Back
Top Bottom