UnstopaBULL's 29 gallon planted aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Get away with what exactly? Btw does anyone know any big chain stores that have liquid carbon. Petco and p smart have them online but not in actual stores. Ecleast in my local ones. I'm not gonna pay shipping just to buy online liquid carbon.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Sorry for being vague, but all you would need is one planted plus light fixture to grow great looking plants in a 29g tank.

Have you thought about DIY co2 as you carbon source. It's cheap and easy and can be done with things you have around the house. I just started mine back up. I ran out of co2 on my pressurized system....going back to basics.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok sounds good. Do they sell it in local stores or just online? I don't mind picking it up at places like Walmart or doctor supplies since this sounds like it might be in those places. I can move my anachris out of the 29 for this. Dwarf sag isn't valisneria right so this stuff won't melt it right?

I was thinking but I'd feel safer with liquid co2

DIY CO2 is pretty safe. Used it for about a year with good results before going to pressurized. Can't recall any incidents in this site where fish were gassed out using diy CO2.
Care should be taken with using Glutaraldehyde (active ingredient in Metricide 14, Seachem Excel, API CO2 Booster) as mentioned above. Dwarf sag should be fine. Higher than recommended dosages can be given but it should be done gradually. It's use (or the necessity of) will be dictated by the light fixture and the plants. Generally all plants will benefit from a carbon source but not all will need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

When using metricide you need to throw the liquid you add to the bottle away. I found out too late and killed off every fish in 4 tanks.

When using metricide you need to throw the liquid you add to the bottle away. I found out too late and killed off every fish in 4 tanks.

Very important point, timber. It is an activator solution for the Metricide and very, very bad for life forms.

BIG UPDATE: treated tank for worms. I now have 1 SAE 4 porkchop rasboras from my LFS 2 beautiful Juvie blue Angels ( courtesy of chard) 1 albino bristelnose pleco (courtesy of chard 56) and I have some star repens and baby tears and r rotundifolia( despite my conditions EVRYTHING is thriving. I was at a pond and I found some what looked like full grown school of rainbow fish( looked like red Iranian) pretty excited about that. ( haven't caught one yet to examine it) also at the pond I found over 5 lbs of well rooted baby tears and a whole ton of hydro I believe. Not sure if it was hydro or s repens but defintely lots of baby tears( dwarf and reg.) in addition there was a whole ton of bacopa. And I accidentally caught like 20 killifish when trying to pull out the incredibly well rooted plants ( TONS OF MTS AND ASSASIN SNAILS and guppies too) some type of big cichlid in other pond.
Anyway ya

If you ever drop by orlando I could happily tell yout them... If I don't get all of them first that is? A couple months back there were torpedo barbs too but they died in an early cold front during the winter

Is this a pond that is known for people releasing captive fish in or what? I wanna go seigning.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hmm how can I find an excuse for traveling to Florida....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not really ... The torpedo barbs I found in a runoff place.( was super supposed about that) and the big pond with the ( what we think are cichlids due to size and colors) is year round. The small pond with the ( suspected rainbows) is seasonal the fish are defintely very recent( might be from a new runoff thing connected to it.

Thinkin of going there soon again .... Before I leave for my 3 week camp

Think there is some hair grass there or something THAT VERY CLOSELY resembles hair grass in the pond. Put some in my tank

Pictures!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I can show you some pictures of the small hair grass thing( only thing that I could get out of the pond without getting wet. Just got a new phone so I don't have a case yet and don't wanna risk going to the pond. So can't do pond pics but should be once case comes Ina couple day

About those killifish, they are actually least killis based on pics and info. They aren't completely worthless which surprised me because there are a LOT in that pond( we caught about 20 accidentally) anyway they match the colors and pictures of least killis exactly from stripes and colors to fins. What are they worth really? I had a couple in a bucket to identify them( will release soon) they are very small btw

I saw some pennywort also but had no idea what it was so thought I was a normal ugly sorta plant

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435615896.935368.jpg can someone identify what type of snails those are they came with the stuff

AImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435615956.501262.jpg what type of snails are these btw I accidentally picked ups couple in my local pond

Back
Top Bottom