Updated pics of my 3 planted tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrewQ522

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
37gal column tank, 29 gallon, and 10 gallon. All coming along nicely. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454037300.626247.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454037314.030679.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454037323.919185.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for sharing! What substrate are you using there?

Both the 29 and 37 have a bag of each regular black gravel and Eco Complete. The 10 gallon has one bag of Eco Complete

Tanks look great! Did the Eco complete satisfy you? I'm looking into substrates and I am up in the air and frankly slightly confused on what I should get.

Tanks look great! Did the Eco complete satisfy you? I'm looking into substrates and I am up in the air and frankly slightly confused on what I should get.

Yes I'd say it does it's job. I also diffuse DIY co2 in both the 37 and 29 gals as well as dose the full line of Seachem liquid fertilizers. The 10 gallon I also dose the ferts but no co2. The lighting is also the key. For the 37 and 29 I run Finnex Ray2's and for the 10 I run the Finnex stingray and the Ray2's grow plants really well. What size tank are you trying to decide what substrate you'd like to use?

Really like the second and third ones but all of them look good and healthy.

Caleb

Thank you! They have really perked up and became nice and green since dosing the fertilizers.

Yes I'd say it does it's job. I also diffuse DIY co2 in both the 37 and 29 gals as well as dose the full line of Seachem liquid fertilizers. The 10 gallon I also dose the ferts but no co2. The lighting is also the key. For the 37 and 29 I run Finnex Ray2's and for the 10 I run the Finnex stingray and the Ray2's grow plants really well. What size tank are you trying to decide what substrate you'd like to use?

I am being persuaded to go bigger and bigger so I'm gonna say at the smallest 40g and no bigger the 75. I know that's a big jump bit 75 is really reaching.

I am being persuaded to go bigger and bigger so I'm gonna say at the smallest 40g and no bigger the 75. I know that's a big jump bit 75 is really reaching.

If you have the room, money, and don't have to move (have a house), I'd get as big a tank as you can. But any size you decide is bigger than any of mine lol but the bigger the easier to maintain.

Back
Top Bottom