Urgent help - Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are some few additional spots, but the first 2 spots are still there. They are on the inside part of the tail, so couldn't get a pic of those. And also there is some discoloration of the tail in some places. If you look at the area around the single spot, you can see some discoloration. I was thinking it could be because of lack of light. But not sure if that is the case. All the while the temp is above 80F. So by this time, I think the first 2 spots should be gone. But that didn't happen, hmm let me wait till this friday and see if anything changes. Or will start on the fungus medication. What do you recommend for the fungal. I've Prazipro, can that be used for this? BTW, I was using Prazipro in QT, before I moved the fish to main tank. The very next morning I noticed the spots.

Yeah with heat and treatment those first spots should have gone away even if there were others instead

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What do you think it could be? When I look for white spot online, I always end up in some ich thread. I donno how to figure out this.

Just increase the tank from 0.3 to 0.6% salt. Pretty sure it is 0.3% now? Sorry didn't explain that well in previous post. Should normally be fine for a few days at least but lower salt back if fish rolls over or gets too distressed.

yes it is .3%, just added .1%. will watch tonight and add the rest tomorrow morning. Thanks for your suggestions.

Update: increased the salt content to .6%. So far everything looks good. Will keep you posted.

Snow white color on the fin and tail edges

Now I see snow white color on the tail and fin edges on one of the oranda. Is this is some issue or the fish changing color? I still have .6% salt and 86F temp.

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 35
  • bbb.jpg
    bbb.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 43
Just coming back to this. While I agree with above, it may be possible that seeing first signs of stress. The fish looks great and everything so not trying to be a voice of doom here :)

I think now it has been heaps past treatment time period and imo would gradually cut out all treatments and see how the fish settles down.

Yeah. I think so too. I would start lowering salt levels and temperature towards your normal for them. It's been quite a while and unless it was something super resilient it should be cleared up

Just keep an eye out in case something comes back- but fish do change color as they mature and at this point the not ideal situations (salt/heat higher than normal) could be starting to stress them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sure will start going back to normal parameters. May be that will give an opening to see if things gets worse or stay as is.

I've set back the temp to room temp and completely removed the salt over a period of 3 days. Now there are no visible white spots in the fish. However, day before I noticed one of the fish which was changing color has ragged pelvic fins. And Yesterday the same fish developed black color in all the fins and tail. I tested the water Ammo 0, Nitrite .25 and Nitrate 10-20 ppm. But there is nothing on the second fish. Today the Pelvic fins have much better looking edges than before, but still has black color. To reduce the nitrite poisoning and relieve stress, today I added about 1 Tsp of salt per gallon.

Attachments

• IMG_20150419_084800.jpg
    IMG_20150419_084800.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20150419_084801.jpg
    IMG_20150419_084801.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 43
What's your tank temp now?

Wondering if that could be fin rot (I remember one had some discoloured finage). If not improving would like at antibiotics like furan 2.

Edit - can't really see much on pics but iPhone is so old it starts up in Latin

Temp is 73 F, room temp. After I noticed for the first time, it didn't get worse. But the fins are now more black than before.

I'd pick up antibiotics.

The lower temp should discourage any bacterial infection.

Ammonia or other chemical burns can take up to 3 days to show so it could fit with nitrite reading but your nitrite reading isn't that alarming.

Back
Top Bottom