urgent help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1873teddy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I neglected my tank for approximately 4 weeks after the birthe of my son, the fish were fed as normal but didn't perform a water change during this time. I had a break out of white spot which I treated with anti white spot then.followed up with a daily dosage of pimafix. Done a partial change then continued with pimafix for a further week, water changed again yesterday but have since lost 4 of my cardinal tetra, several of my glowlights have a white fungus growing on them & also my blue.dwarf gourami scales look very abrasive. Any ideas???? Thanks!

Best way to treat ich is to use heat and salt.

Slowly raise the temp of the tank up to 89 degrees. Leave it there for 5 days or so. After last visual evidence of ich is gone, you can reduce heat to 86-87, and leave it there for 10 days. Then slowly bring the temp back down to normal.

During this time, do plenty of ~25% partial water changes. Every day or every other day will be beneficial.

You can also use freshwater aquarium salt for the first week or so, which anecdotally seems to help.

Increasing aeration/surface agitation while the temp is elevated is usually a good idea as well.

Back
Top Bottom