V2 400 skimmer help :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nattynoo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I have just got myself an aquareef 200 and it's fitted with a v2 400 skimmer in the back sump. I have no fish etc yet and have just filled with salted ro water this weekend. My problem is, the amount if microbubbles being thrown into the tank from it. How can I stop this? Any help would be gratefully appreciated
Thanks
Natalie

Sorry, I am unfamiliar with that skimmer. Skimmers generally need a break-in period of a week or two to lose all the manufacturing oils and settle down.

Microbubbles should be trapped by the sump's bubble trap. Can you post a pic of the setup or a diagram showing the sump set up?

Tried to add a pic but it won't let me. If you type aquareef 200 into google there is a manual showing the set up. It has a chamber with the heater and the water enters here too, this leads to a set of 4 chambers for filter media where I have carbon, bio balls etc, this then leads to a last chamber where the pump to flow water back into the main tank is and the protein skimmer is. It's quite a tight fit to get these both in this last chamber. The micro bubbles are coming from the skimmer and are being pumped back into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom