Violet sea snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shirley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I found some violet sea snails on the beach today and brought them home to my 30 gallons salt tank. I have one clown and one blue domino I saw on line they eat on jellyfish is there anything I can feed them in my home tank?

It would be best to take them back to the beach and release them...

agree with TC cuz you don't know what the violet sea snail would bring to your tank, and if you really want to keep it, at least put it in a quan tank for a while before you put it into your display tank.

Actually.. if it's already been in your tank, i wouldn't bring them back. You could possibly introduce something back in to the ocean when you return them that may be bad for the ecosystem. I'd say your stuck with them. Either let them die in your tank.. try and feed them, or just take them out of your tank and kill them so you don't have a spike in ammonia from the decaying snails. Please don't bring them back to the ocean though.. that would be very irresponsible. Almost as irresponsible as taking them back to your tank in the first place.

Actually.. if it's already been in your tank, i wouldn't bring them back. You could possibly introduce something back in to the ocean when you return them that may be bad for the ecosystem. I'd say your stuck with them. Either let them die in your tank.. try and feed them, or just take them out of your tank and kill them so you don't have a spike in ammonia from the decaying snails. Please don't bring them back to the ocean though.. that would be very irresponsible. Almost as irresponsible as taking them back to your tank in the first place.

+1

My bad....zer0 is absolutely correct here!!!!

With all do respect of course.

But i agree with match55 as well. I would try and keep it alive, but when an animals staple diet consists of only jellyfish, it may be a daunting task to try and keep it alive.

if you live near the beach, or you go to the beach a lot. you might able to find dead jellyfish OoO but don't know if you wanna feed that in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom