Walltanks vs Bulit in Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abemas

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm considering putting up an in-wall tank between my living room and garage. I know this has been done and I'm currently considering an Aquamaxx or one of the tanks from Walltanks. Aquamaxx is low iron glass and 47 by 18 by 18 (64 gallon version) and the Walltank is acrylic and 60 by 8 by 24 (45 gallons.) I kind of like the kit from Walltank and that it is designed for this very purpose but I'm wondering if it is overpriced for what it is and if I would be better off setting a more traditional sized tank in the spot with the appropriate support under it. This would give me more depth and space to work but maybe a little more "messy" in execution. Any one have suggestions or experience with either of these or another tank I should look at?

If you are saying that 2nd tank/Walltank is 8 inches wide front panel to back panel, then I would NEVER recommend that kind of tank. Most fish would not appreciate an enviromnment like that. There just isn't enough room for swimming properly.

What kind of fish stock are you thinking of wanting to keep?

Last edited:
Yes it is a slim tank no doubt. I'm not against a larger tank by any means but I'm running into placement issues in regards to visibility vs location. Lots of room in the basement for a big tank but nobody will see it down there. I'd like to put a 150 gallon in the living room but the footprint would be cumbersome. Walltank seemed to be a good alternate as it provides great viewing without taking up floor space. I would probably keep tetras in there based on the same concerns you have if I went with such a slim size. Nothing is decided at this point, I'm just brainstorming and I'm still trying to figure out the best location for something larger if I can swing it.

Back
Top Bottom