want a starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so I was looking into getting a astrena star, a larger one but i have found out it would not survive in my tank, correct? so unless there is a large one that I can keep, does anyone have or know where i can get some hitchhiker astrena mini stars? if anyone wants to give some away, thatd be great :p lol

where were you located again? if you don't mind paying shipping, i'l send you some.
btw, you can keep serpent and brittle stars. they eat meaty foods and can be hand fed. they are cool to watch also.
just not the green brittle, it's a fish eater.

im in nj 08106, just tell me the cost, of course id pay. yea i was looking more for the "traditional" starfish shape. i have a few mini brittle already

what about sand sifting stars, if i remember right they get to be a few inches and should be fine in most aquariums

no. sand sifting stars die in most aquariums. they need a huge tank with a deep sand bed to survive. they starve to death very slowly.

the mini brittles are little tiny nothings...i'm talking about a red or black brittle star that will get to be the diameter of a volleyball.
you are pretty close to me. ups ground would be overnight to you, or you can drive up and we'll pull some out of the tank.
meanwhile, what about a harlequin serpent? they are pretty cool-
hstarfish.jpg

one would be. sure. they take food from your hand too. pretty neat creatures and very hardy.
your talking about serpent stars, not sand sifters, correct? if you mean sand sifters, no. it won't survive in a tank of that size.

sweet, i think ones i get a deeper sand bed an more LR i'm goign to invest in alot more inverts, i had a snail suicide yesterday. have of it was beign sucked out of its shell by the tube i have extending from my AC powerhead.

i have that and a koralia 550 so soon i'm goign to be takign the AC out but i'm a littler reluctant to since i don't see the same water movement with the koralia as i do the AC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom