wanting Nemo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cappieBridget

Aquarium Advice Freak
After my husband saw the 55 gal. tank in wal-mart and said we WILL be getting it, I started thinking of what I want in it. I know our kids would love to get some clown fish! I was think though, I have a 20 and a 10 gal right now. The 20 gal. is my community tak with platys and tetras and danios and my 10 gal is a platy breeding tank. What would be my best bet? Putting some clown fish and a few other nice fish in the 55 gal., or moving the 20 gal fish to the new tank and having just a clown fish 20 gal.? I don't know how many gal clowns need and other tank mates that can go in with them. Are they community fish, semi- aggresive, cichlids?
Thanks a bunch!

Clowns are salt water fish. You can read all the stickies in the SW getting started section to see what you would be in for.

ewww, never mind ,lol. Not that I don't love any kind of fish tank, I don't want to get involved in SW at all.

I was just looking at a fish website and decided on a nice barb, rainbow and danio tank. I can't wait!

I think the rainbow idea sounds great. I'm setting up another 55g soon and I plan on having 2 schools of rainbows. They are beautiful fish.

I suggest you plant the tank. Planted tanks are "wow" tanks IMO. And they aren't quite as much work and money as SW tanks are.

how can you have 2 schools of rainbows...

im not familar with them, do they like to stay in small groups?

Back
Top Bottom