wanting to fix up my crappy 30gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok so ive been thinking more about the tank and i was wondering, do freshy tanks need any type of clean up crew, for the sandbed, like any type of inverts or anything?
EDIT: could i also put an angel in there too? and once again what plants would be good for the extreem noob. thanks!

also, would rcs be good in there too? or like a lobster or something? and how much should about a nice 3 foot piece of driftwood cost?

1. As long as u keep up with your PWCs you wont need a clean up type fish :) , but most people get some type of fish to scavenger the tank. In your tank your main clean up fish would be your BN pleco. And the sharks would help too. :)
2. You could putan angel in there :) but it would mean that you cant get a bunch of your smaller fish ( because angels get big and would be alot on the bioload of the tank ). if i were you i think i would just skip the angel. :(
3. sorry no info on plants although i did buy one of those bulb plants form walmart before and it has done fine. oh and it was only a buck so i had nothin to lose by trying. :)

1. As long as u keep up with your PWCs you wont need a clean up type fish :) , but most people get some type of fish to scavenger the tank. In your tank your main clean up fish would be your BN pleco. And the sharks would help too. :)
2. You could putan angel in there :) but it would mean that you cant get a bunch of your smaller fish ( because angels get big and would be alot on the bioload of the tank ). if i were you i think i would just skip the angel. :(
3. sorry no info on plants although i did buy one of those bulb plants form walmart before and it has done fine. oh and it was only a buck so i had nothin to lose by trying. :)
ok so ill ditch the angel, how about some rcs?, sum1 good with plants please chime in! im desperate.

helpful, prttty much ruled out the shrimp. dont mind that tho. i think im goin to the lfs after the 2nd thanksgiving.

oh yeah, and what would everything that would be breeding be? like all types besides the pleco? also with that list mentioned before would that fill up my bioload? or could i go for a few more fish?

one more thing, what do i feed the fry? my uncles who got their tanks paid for by the fish that they bred just used crushed up flake. just put it in a little plastic baggie, crushed it up for a while and fed it. would this work?

last post in a row (i hope). would bovolian rams be ok too? what i get kinda just depends on what the store has i guess we'll see. i thin ill make a tank log page when i get it fixed up.

oh yeah, and what would everything that would be breeding be? like all types besides the pleco? also with that list mentioned before would that fill up my bioload? or could i go for a few more fish?
1. I dont know much about breeding GBRs, Guppys are just like swordtails, never known of anyone that was able to breed a redtailed shark in a home aquarium, and neons are egg scatterers but if i were you i wouldn't fool with breeding them as they need an expert at breeding.
2. I would say that the list i gave u before will pretty much fill up your bioload, but since you aren't getting the guppys i would say that you should just increase the population of yor school of neon tetras to 8 or 9.

one more thing, what do i feed the fry? my uncles who got their tanks paid for by the fish that they bred just used crushed up flake. just put it in a little plastic baggie, crushed it up for a while and fed it. would this work?
Thats all i do but make sure you crush the flakes up real good.

last post in a row (i hope). would bovolian rams be ok too? what i get kinda just depends on what the store has i guess we'll see. i thin ill make a tank log page when i get it fixed up.
yeah that would be fine
edit: but if you got them over the GBRs then i wold sticck with the original list minus the guppies. since they are bigger.

have you ever thought about moving this or your other thread ove to the getting started forum you will probably get more answers there.

Back
Top Bottom