Wanting to talk fish :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cherry_Nick_

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi my name is Cherry I have two salwar tanks and have been into salwar for a couple of years. I am always learning new stuff and can't always remember the name of every fish lol. But am looking to bounce ideas off of other people learn from others experience and all around get better at the best way to have my fish happy and healthy. We have a few LFS around but it seems none of them agree most of the time. ;) So I have been reading the posts and feel like talking to everyone here would be helpful. CurrentlyI am having an issue with ick that I believe I got from one of the LFS. I bought my huma huma from there and now my lionfish and spiked puffer are not good. First of all its a 240 gal tank with a lionfish, yellow headed moray eel, spiked puffer, huma huma,green brittle star,2 horseshoe crabs, 3 damsels, snails and couple little blue legged crabs. My eel is about as long as my arm and the lion is pretty big also. Anyway so my lion has gotten cloudy eyes now and my puffer has spots all over his fins. So when this first happened I called all the LFS and got told by one to just put garlic in,got told by the one I'm sure gave me the ick to do nothing just to watch them it was stress. So after reading on the internet I got the ick attack and used it they weren't really getting better so then bought quick cure andhave been using it for two days. I can't really do a HT because my fish are so big so have to treat the whole tank. My star is glowing green but is eating kill and silver sides as usual in fact everyone has a good appetites except the lion he didn't eat the last two days. I am thinking I should set up a tank for just the star and horseshoe crabs because I don't want them to be hurt because of treating the tank. I want all of the fish to be ok and am looking for any and all advice. Thank you o know this was a long post. :D

Welcome to the forums! Youre right, this is the place to get any question answered and in a nice friendly way. I love this place. :)

Anyway, your tank sounds stupendous! If you get time I'd love to see a picture.

Again, welcome aboard!

Back
Top Bottom