Water change 230g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carbon filters cannot remove all of the chlorine - only "most" of it.

I do add my dechlor as the tank is filling. I gett it started, make sure the temp is correct, prop the end of the hose so it is securely in the tank, and then get out my bottle of dechlor and add the correct amount.

Algae scrubbers are a great idea, and are similar to a sump that is used in SW setups. It is basically a smaller size tank, in this case a 55gal might be employed under the main tank, and plants, lighting and small critters are in there, acting as sort of a biological filter for the main tank water. Tank water goes in the scrubber tank and goes out back into the tank, in conjunction with typical canister filtration.

I think for now I'm going straight from tap and use conditioner. I'm going to keep learning about all these other ideas you all mentioned.

The only thing that concerns me is if I go straight from tap the temperature will fluctuate. I have a 1000w titanium heater and it handle the whole tank.

I would like to thank each and everyone of you that replied. All of it has been very helpful to me. I will definitely be doing some serious reading and plan to visit this forum often. The people here are very helpful and I appreciate you all.

I don't think the temp will fluctuate enough to cause any problems for you with that volume of water.

If you have ever gone swimming in a river or creek you will know that there are very different temperatures at different depths and at different spots in the body of water, so the fish spend their time in the areas that have the most comfortable temp for them.

Good luck with your huge tank (jealous.. :wink: ) and let us know if we can help in any way.

Tiger_Oscar said:
I would like to thank each and everyone of you that replied. All of it has been very helpful to me. I will definitely be doing some serious reading and plan to visit this forum often. The people here are very helpful and I appreciate you all.

That is no problem at all..
I am here personally researching things to start my aquarium back up.. I can honestly say that I have leared more than I ever thought I would.. And there are alot of people here that are able to help even the advanced hobbiest..Excellent forum! :D :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom