water change pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

almcloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking for a small inexpensive water pump to transfer my water from 5 gal buckets to my 55 gal tank when I do PWC. Currently use Water Change Kit connected to faucet to replace water in my tank but my fish don't seem to like the fact that I put Prime in tank water while pouring water straight from faucet and not treating the water in before it gets to my tank.
Any suggestions?

I just use one gallon water jugs. takes quite a few runs to do all my tanks, but to me its alot easier then trying to carry a 5gallon bucket lol

Your fish don't mind. As long as you're temp matching the water, there won't be an issue.

As for a pump, you'll need to get one that can handle the head height that you'll need to go from wherever your bucket is to the tank. If you have something you can sit the bucket on to elevate it above the tank, you can siphon it in. Personally, I'd just stick with the way you're doing it now... without buckets.

mfdrookie516 said:
Your fish don't mind. As long as you're temp matching the water, there won't be an issue.

As for a pump, you'll need to get one that can handle the head height that you'll need to go from wherever your bucket is to the tank. If you have something you can sit the bucket on to elevate it above the tank, you can siphon it in. Personally, I'd just stick with the way you're doing it now... without buckets.

x2... Why change it. Your fish don't mind, I do it that way all the time. Dose Prime before refilling. The water changer saves a lot of time and over time a lot of backs!!

Why try and fix something that's not broke.

Ya for my FW I use my python but on saltwater I put a pump into my RO holding bin which if I could id also run the python on my SW so stick with the faucet.. much easier ; )

Back
Top Bottom