Water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On an established tank? I'd say enough that you don't kill your stock from flopping on the substrate. I do about 50% weekly, but when risk of power outage comes, I'll do closer to 75%. As long as your properly conditioning your water and allowing time (1hr usually) in between changes, you really don't have a limit, anyone feel free to correct me if I understood this wrong, but this is also something specific to your tank, stock,etc.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh my gosh. Are you insanely overstocked? I've never seen it recommend that high.

50% is a good rule of thumb, but you can do more than one just wait a bit in between.

Oh my gosh. Are you insanely overstocked? I've never seen it recommend that high.

50% is a good rule of thumb, but you can do more than one just wait a bit in between.

Stock out a 10g with 30g worth of fish, lol.

OP, if Aqadvisor is saying you need to be changing water that much, you may want to think about your stocking plan -or filtration- again. I assume that you only have a few fish in the tank that you are cycling with, so you're not at a bad time to look at your idea and make a realistic stocking plan for your tank.

What size tank do you have and what do you plan to put in it?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom