Water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MightyO

Aquarium Advice Activist
If I have a 150 gallon with discus how often do u think I should do water changes

Just a rough guess here..But I'd say once every 4-6 weeks..I have an established 10 gal tank and I need to do changes every other week..I test my water weekly to check the parameters of my water and it usually doesn't need a change for about a week and a half or so...I am also wondering about the new 66 gal tank I am establishing.

How much stock? Your aquarium would be healthiest with weekly water changes, anywhere from 20-50% depending on the bioload. 4-6 weeks is too long--even if you have lots of plants.

Water Changes

If I have a 150 gallon with discus how often do u think I should do water changes

Hello Might...

That would depend somewhat on the number and size fish you have. A good rule of thumb is to change half the water every week for tanks up to 30 gallons. The larger tanks can typically go two weeks between the 50 percent water changes. Changes smaller than half the tank's volume do little to maintain stable water properties. If you're getting out the gear to perform a water change, then make it worth the time and effort and remove half. All the tank inhabitants will appreciate it with good healthy growth and color.

B

I have 8 discus about 4inches two German rams three bristle nose pleco fully planted an I just run my bio max no carbon because it takes away from the flourish I put in the tank

Think those discus are going to like bi weekly water changes, especially with Pleco's pooping all over their water all the time...

Large daily water changes !!!!! Those still have a lot of potential for growth and that is a LARGE setup you have. As I've said before, the more frequent and larger WC's with Discus, the better off you and they are.

2-3 times a week will do wonders for them. At least 50% each time. There is more bioload in that tank then you think. Your fish will love it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom