Water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

terri06

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone recommend a decent water changer in the uk please

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can anyone recommend a decent water changer in the uk please

I bought a python but my taps are old and the pressure is too low. Not easy to adapt to the British tap but if you're willing to give it a try it's for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a python, takes a lot of work out of WC, You tend to clean the substrate more and parts of plants that have died, great to see the stuff going out as the tube is clear, add your de-chlorinate first, then refill..........

Just google python water changer or YouTube the video for a demonstration

US 3/4" hose bib or garden hose to what ever thread size is on your faucet.

Im in the uk and have taps that kind of square at the end would it still work if so im interested x

Im in the uk and have taps that kind of square at the end would it still work if so im interested x

There should be an aerator on the end of the tap that you should be able to unscrew. Have a look at the thread whether it's an internal thread or external thread.

Ive got a hosepipe connector for my tap how much are you looking for it x

I use a garden hose to a sink using the old reliable mouth suction method, when I'm done emptying the tank I reverse the procedure by attaching one end of the hose to the faucet filling the tank while I add dechlorinator.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom