Water Dragons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barterking85

Aquarium Advice Addict
Wondering how many people keep these wonderful animals I have a 3 and a 1.5 year old and the oldest is starting to lay eggs I want to get a male to fertilize I am just wondering how they will adapt to a male in their terrarium I would of course sell the small girl and get a male after that do I need to get one the same general size or could I get a male jevinile and in a few years after he matures will they mate?

With my limited experience (used to have a green iguana) the size doesn't matter so much.If the female accepts him that is that and they will breed.Lizards are very cool pets :)

garfy said:
With my limited experience (used to have a green iguana) the size doesn't matter so much.If the female accepts him that is that and they will breed.Lizards are very cool pets :)

Thanks grafy that's what I thought thanks for the input

If you do get a male and get babies, i really want another water dragon. :D Let me know if anything ever happens. i havent had one in forever and i would love to know your experiences with them!

Ok well I am now building my dragons a custom birch enclosure I got the main structor done just have to get AstroTurf, wire mesh for the top, my doors and decor

Here are some pics the cut out in the bottom is for their bath underneath I will be running a fluval canister in the false bottom

I'm really thinking about getting one again. I remember mine. But I didn't take care of it because I was little.

seekinghealth said:
I'm really thinking about getting one again. I remember mine. But I didn't take care of it because I was little.

I also had one years ago that's why I got this one cause I can now afford to take care of one properly and room to breed my own crickets and supers but they are awesome pets

Yeah I just watched a kool vid on breeding supers so I started that setup also got my cricket factory and I have 200 of each coming by mail to start the farms

No more catching bugs or running to the pet store for bugs yeah! Lol

Here is the last update on the progress of the terrarium untill I get my doors built probably wont happen till after the holidays but here are the pics

Ya I kinda wanted to convert a 75 gallon tank into one but ill probably just build one.

Back
Top Bottom