Water flow on toadstool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpoole37

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two questions, First, we bought a toadstool (leather?) and we are not sure how much water flow we need. How much should the polyps be moving? Yesterday It had cobweb looking gunk on him so I increased the water flow and it washed them off. My second question is about skimming. My skimmer collection cup fills up with green gunk but at the fish store, their collection cups have brown gunk in them. Is this determined by food? Thanks for the help! Maybe someday I'll be able to answer questions 8)

Hi
first the toadstool , that web is normal from stress you can blow that off with a turkey baster , they take low to moderate flow... the polyps will sway but not bend over . If they do then you are blasting the little guy... Skimate is enviromental as long as it is pulling junk out it is working , it could be because of the food or the corals it really is hard to say why one is green and one is brown ... it could also be the lighting in which you are seeing it ...As to answering questions give it time one day some one will post a question and you will say ureeka I know that answer .
BTW welcome :wave:

:smilecolros: Welcome to AA :smilecolros:

I have a moderate flow on mine. I also agree on the skimate as there could be many factors. As long as it is being pulled out is what counts.

I have a somewhat large toad in my tank, it has random chaotic flow on it. I wouldn't call it low either. The polyps look like a field of tall grass swaying in march winds...It seems happy as could be, it stays open and has grown so much that I'm going to have to think about fraging it in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom