Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hollywood

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was getting my water from a well and had it tested. My fish guy wanted to buy the water by the gallon. I have moved a way's away from the well and when I get water I fill five or six five gallon pales. Some of the water sites for awhile before it get's used. My question is, After sitting for long periods of time is it still ok to use in my tank?

If the buckets have lids I think it would be fine, but if not I would use it as quick as possible....no telling how much unnecessary dust and other contaminants will land in it.

after sitting for a while the only real concern would be the amount of O2 in the water. Low oxygen can alter the pH of the water as well. Simply drop in a PH to mix up the water for 24 hours and that will solve the oxygen problem.

being well water, you could get some other nasties too. I would keep it covered and keep it out of the sun in a cool dark place. Otherwise who knows what you'll have growing in those buckets! :wink:

Just be careful about the well water . just because it tested good once before does not mean something could not have leached in the water later. Just keep an eye out.

Back
Top Bottom