Wave 15 pico build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have one of these small powerheads which is 200 litres p/h would this be ok? And what does the uv steriliser do?

image-2547302475.jpg

You can look up online how big of a power head you should use in your tank. The uv sterilizer kills parasites in the water such as ick which is in almost every tank which can kill almost any fish you have. I got one after my fish got the parasites on them am haven't had any problems since

That's good because id rather not use an extra pump, once my tank has cleared up properly I will rearrange the rock and upload some more pics, any advise on what to stock?

Go on liveaquaria.com and look at the nano fish section. They have a pretty good site and give good advice on what will work

Mikehommel said:
This tank would be able to host a clown. I had a 14g tank with several fish and inverts and it was great. Upgraded to a 29g tank and still have same fish plus some new ones

I don't think it could have a clown, it's 4 gallons (15 liters)

Thanks I've bookmarked that site, the goby fish all look so cool :) i want to get a crab or shrimp too

It's just starting to clear up now here's a couple more pics

image-900704842.jpg

image-3640419724.jpg

Anyone know what this green thing is?

image-3441732759.jpg

Wizard4s said:
Are either of those bad?

Sponge is ok but it looks like bubble algae to me. Take the rock out and get rid if it in the sink and wash with old tank water. If you scrape it of in the tank it gives of spores and it'll end up everywhere.

Ewatson249 said:
Sponge is ok but it looks like bubble algae to me. Take the rock out and get rid if it in the sink and wash with old tank water. If you scrape it of in the tank it gives of spores and it'll end up everywhere.

It looks like grape Caulerpa too which is good. But I'd take the rock out incase
Pic is my Caulerpa

I scraped it off and put it back in just in case, thanks

I woke up this morning to a nice clear tank :) and what I think is a feather duster but I might be wrong,it's in the first pic in the big hole, what do you think?

image-4060325358.jpg

image-1186955235.jpg

Are they feather dusters or something bad? They close up really fast

I have also found some weird tentacle things coming out of the rock, and pulling white stuff along it into its hole, any ideas what it is? I'll try to get a pic bit it's so very thin, they also have tiny brown spots all along it

Back
Top Bottom