Wave 15 pico build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
image-1411792468.jpg

Does anyone know what these white bumps on the glass are? They seem to be multiplying

Check out the link in my signature and see if you can identify them. Could be pod of some sort. Those would be good.

Sorry it's probly me being stupid but how do I look at your signature? Lol

Should be able to just click on the link at the bottom of my post. It is called Index to Salt water hitch hikers.

Oh yeah lol, can't see anything that looks like them though :( will just have to wait until they get bigger lol

Ordered myself the api saltwater master testing kit, desperate to start stocking! But need to test first

image-2595446804.jpg

I have a question, the filter nozzle is directed slightly at the surface, is this ok? It's still creates a good flow in the tank, or should it be directed more towards the live rock?

Wizard4s said:
I have a question, the filter nozzle is directed slightly at the surface, is this ok? It's still creates a good flow in the tank, or should it be directed more towards the live rock?

Towards the rock is much better

On the rock question, I have 35lbs in my 14 gallon. Check the pic, I want more in there!

Attachments

• image-2279179884.jpg
    image-2279179884.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 134
Wow nice looking tank! I can't wait to get corals and start stocking

Tested my water yesterday here are the results: ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5, ph 7.8, is everything ok to start stocking, and do you think the ph is too low? Thanks

PH can swing depending on time you tested, make sure you buffer water to help stabilize the swings. I add mine in the AM. 7.8 is ok, not much lower. It can go up to 8.4(highest).

What salt mix are you using? It should buffer your water to the right ph. also, do you have surface agitation with powerheads? That can also raise your ph without adding any chemicals. :)

I use tetra marine salt mix, i tested the water in the morning if that makes any difference?

Not familiar with that brand...:-( The ph dips to a low overnight so you might have seen parts of that.

Do you have surface movement? thats also important too.

Maybe, i will test again during the Day and see if It changes.the salt is the uk version of instant ocean, yes there is plenty of surface movement

image-1760954550.jpg

Just added a skunk cleaner shrimp, its so funny To watch,It's nice to finally have something in there :) Might be getting a Green Clown Goby next week.

I love cleaner shrimp! They are fun to watch. have you considered a fire shrimp? They have awesome color too, a little pricey but very cool....

They only have these and the banded coral shrimp at the lfs, but I think the banded will get a little too large for my tank, they will be getting some more variety in soon though

Any idea what this is? It's bright green and is growing bigger

image-1830267772.jpg

image-4266656537.jpg

Back
Top Bottom