Wave 15 pico build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wizard, how did you introduce your shrimp to the tank, I got two today and one died with in hours of putting into the tank.

What shrimp did you get? I floated the bag for 20 mins then gradually mixed some of my tank water with it, then released it. Have you checked your water for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph?

Got cleaner shrimp, yeah had all my levels checked and were all good

I have read that shrimps are quite sensitive to water quality or changes so it may just be shock

When I introduce shrimp and inverts, I'll pour the bag water into a large Tupperware container, then using a small piece of air line tubing with a valve I would drip my tank water into the Tupperware until the container is full or 25 min. It works great, no losses. Try it out.

Anyone know what that bright green thing is on my previous post?

I just found what seems to be a baby jellyfish! Is this bad? It's quite hard to see it in the video but take a look YouTube

My shrimp shed its skin, should I remove it or leave it in the tank?

Ok will just leave it, i got a emerald crab today I will upload some pics later

image-3711807655.jpg

image-1008266540.jpg

The first pic is my emerald crab hiding away :) the second pic is 2 snails thy came with some rock, are they good or bad?

Just got a tangaroa goby here is a pic

image-111810796.jpg

I have also had a electric blue hermit crab for about 2 weeks, was very active but now just seems to stay in the same place, it is still very alive just not active, any ideas?

Could simply be molting. Sometimes they have a difficult time shedding. I tossed an old molt 1 time thinking the crab had died. U can imagine my surprise when I found my crab in the tank alive and well. The molted shell looked exactly like the crab. That might be what ur mistaking for the crab

I just got a new clown fish :) does it look like it has too much flow in this video? YouTube

Congrats on your new fish. Hmmm, the link takes me to a bunch of videos that don't relate to fish, lol.

Back
Top Bottom