Website ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishingdood

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am wanting to try a new kind of tank ....I was at my lfs and saw a tank with a beta in the bottom and cool rocks and wood and plants at the top with frogs and lizzards....anyone have a website on the direction I need to take to make one of these?? TIA

It's called a river tank and is very simple to set up. You would set it up just as any ordinary aquarium, except it is half filled with water and land areas are built by rock and wood structures. A nice water fall makes an excellent addition and also expands biological filtration. Depending on the size tank, you'll either need an internal filter or a canister. HOB don't really cut it for river tanks. You could buy a river tank set. I can't find much but here's a link to give you an idea.

https://www1.fishersci.com/Coupon?gid=2373276&cid=1341

What size tank are you thinking about setting up? You do need to be careful with the kinds of animals that end up living together. Fish, amphibians, and reptiles are notorious for eating each other...LOL. I had a 60 gallon river tank that was set up for a little over 7 years. I kept firebelly toads and firebelly newts together with minnow type fish and some catfish. There are numerous combos you can make with the animals, just read about them first.

They are also called paludariums. If you do a search for that term you should get lots of info.

sweet ..I really want to try this...no way am i going to spend that kind of money on a "water fall" though I am sure I can rig up sumfin.....I am looking to use a 10 gallon tank

Waterfalls can be done very inexpensively....small statuary pumps can be picked up new for as little as $12, or used for even less (I picked up a ZooMed mini-pump a few weeks back for $0.99).

Back
Top Bottom