Weird Worm!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glenc

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found a worm in my tank today. Very strange. :? It was stuck to a blade of chainsword was floating around in my tank. It was transparent, though it was green from eating something. It looked exactly like an inch worm, 6 small legs at the front of the body, three on each side with a dark head, About a half inch long. Probably a larva of some root devouring beetle!!! Just great! Lifted out some other plants including my chainswords and took a REALLY good look into my substrate with a small stick, didn't see any more. Stirred my tank up pretty good though. :( Didn't get a pic as my crappy camera just wouldn't focus on the rotton thing. Anyone ever come across this before? Any idea what it might be?

Sure it wasn't a worm that just happen to have fallen in the tank? I get bugs in my tank all the time. They learn quickly they can't swim...especially in salt water. LOL.

Pretty sure nothing fell in. My tank is in my basement and it's 10 below zero here today. Not to many critters stirring around here this time of year. If I see another one Ill keep it and borrow a camera to get a pic. Gross looking thing!

Back
Top Bottom