western slope colorado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aww I used to live in Highlands Ranch. I miss it out there every day of my life... When I first moved out there I lived in Canon City then moved to HR. My prayers go out for all yall out there with the wildfire!

Yeah I live right by Parker. Last night was horrible with the smoke and ash.

I'm in evergreen I thought it was snowing till I realized it was ash ,

anyone know the updates on the containment of the fires ?

we had one last week knock wood it wasn't as bad as these 2 buggers

Latest I've heard is 30%. Up from 5% this morning. Got some rain today!!!

i agree time to get outdoors and have some fun

Funny you said that :lol:
My daughter yesterday was laughing at me cause I was yawning all day
she keeps forgetting I'm I'll and I only have so much strength
anyway took her out 4 wheeling and we had a blast
funny guess who gets the last laugh it's 10am and she is still out cold lol :angel:
Guess she can't keep up with good ole dad lmao :D

lol i no the feeling . i hurt my back bad and waiting on it to get better so i can get out. getting old is a pain in the a-- for the golden years lol

Hello!

Hi,
How are the baby Angels?

My 72G tank has an out break not bad but nagging and I will be treating it with a new med in the next few days.

I will be getting rid of two tanks here soon, a 37 and 16 so I can get a new tank I have been wanting and focus more on raising the Orange Eye Blue Tiger Shrimp.
60074-albums11858-picture57259.jpg

This one is a poor pic but you can see how dark blue they are now!

60074-albums11858-picture59805.jpg

Can you tell if the ones I have are male and female? The smaller of the two here keeps chasing off my 3rd one. Probably need to get it a new friend.

60074-albums11380-picture59483.jpg

I will have some more questions for you pretty soon!

usually the males are the smaller ones. the female needs to be bigger to cary the eggs under her tail. what is the out break in your tank

usually the males are the smaller ones. the female needs to be bigger to cary the eggs under her tail. what is the out break in your tank

Sorry, The Angel fish pic was the one I was checking on and it didn't show up!!!

this one
60074-albums11380-picture59650.jpg

I have something which sounds similar to /like Columnaris, but it hasn't killed much stock, only a few of the fish which probably brought it with them.

The first round I had a pH crash, (that is when I lost the 3rd angels buddy angel #4) after I got that fixed, everything seemed great.

Then I added some Otos and they have oval /round spots on them, treated with Marycyn - two for gram negative bacteria, and it didn't do anything That I can tell.

Now I am trying to see what will work for not killing inverts, prefer not kill all my BB from my FX-5 :blink:. Best meds seem to be Sulfa Combo med
or Kanamycin. Still trying to verify effect on inverts and BB. I should call the med company now!

All fish are active and eating, even the ones with the patches, and things seem fine otherwise.

This is in my 72G. I need to get them better, as I have fish to move around because I am getting rid of two tanks. Two healthy ones btw. No problems in any other tanks and no moving fish around. Anything that has gone into the 72G has stayed in there. I use separate buckets and nets.

ok make sure to soak nets in mild bleach and water solution and rinse well before using. do me a favor read up on paraguard from seachem.com i use it a lot for all external stuff. i will also do some resurch and look for u

ok make sure to soak nets in mild bleach and water solution and rinse well before using. do me a favor read up on paraguard from seachem.com i use it a lot for all external stuff. i will also do some resurch and look for u

Thank you! I am trying to get my car fixed so I am on the phone with that today too!

This is the company I have been checking up on stuff with the last couple days, recommended to me.
http://www.fishyfarmacy.com/

So what can you use? Look for medications with antibiotics in them. Nitrofurazone, Furazolidone, Tetracycline and Oxolinic Acid have been known to be effective. We have found that Nitrofurazone seems to work the best. Whatever you choose, be sure to follow the recommended dosage and instructions carefully. Overdosing a pond or aquarium can result in complete losses.

Treatment: First, slowly lower the temperature in the tank to 75 or 76 to slow the course of the disease. Also, since columnaris thrives in low oxygen conditions, the addition of an airstone or lowering the water level to create more splash from the filter will also help.

The most effective treatment for columnaris if the fish is still eating is medicated food containing oxytetracycline. Aquatronics makes such a food, as does Zeigler. Often, however, the fish is not eating by the time symptoms are noticed. Antibiotics in the water would be the next treatment option. Erythromycin (Maracyn), nitrofurazone, nifurpirinol, acriflavine, chloramphenicol or tetracycline can be used to treat the columnaris itself. However, a fish infected with columnaris often falls prey to a secondary infection which is resistant to both of these. Therefore, a combination of Maracyn and Maracyn Two or tetracycling and kanamycin is recommended. CONTINUE TREATMENT FOR A MINIMUM OF 10 DAYS.

Back
Top Bottom