What Aquarium Should I buy for Saltwater????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lakersfreak

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone I had a 20 gal aquarium for about 2.5 years. I was able to manage it and now want to move up to at least 55 gal. I want to start a saltwater tank and need help. I wanted to buy the Red Sea Max 250 (litters) until I saw the price tag of $1,400!!! Well worth it I'm sure but I don't have that kind of money.

So basically I need to know which complete 50-60 gal system is good. I need suggestions please!!

Hello everyone I had a 20 gal aquarium for about 2.5 years. I was able to manage it and now want to move up to at least 55 gal. I want to start a saltwater tank and need help. I wanted to buy the Red Sea Max 250 (litters) until I saw the price tag of $1,400!!! Well worth it I'm sure but I don't have that kind of money.

So basically I need to know which complete 50-60 gal system is good. I need suggestions please!!

Hello everyone I had a 20 gal aquarium for about 2.5 years. I was able to manage it and now want to move up to at least 55 gal. I want to start a saltwater tank and need help. I wanted to buy the Red Sea Max 250 (litters) until I saw the price tag of $1,400!!! Well worth it I'm sure but I don't have that kind of money

Last edited by a moderator:
Try to find something with a built in overflow. "All Glass" makes a decent tank with built-in overflows for not too expensive. That way, you will just need a sump, skimmer, and reutrn pump to get you started. Not to mention what goes in your main tank.

Merged with other post. Please dont double post same thread in multiple forums.

I too would start with everything separate. Check out craigslist to see if you can get any cheaper setups. You may be able to get a 55, stand and canopy for only $150. You never know. As nice as the Red Sea Max's are. Just purchase everything on it's own to save money.

Back
Top Bottom