What are these bubbles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

77mfan20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Harare these bubbles. There sitting just on these two live rock. No where else. They are kind of sealed to the ground by something. Like a slime or web. Then there are a few tiny little things crawling around In there. I only have a yellow watchman goby. I have a 30 gallon. I also have a hair algae problem that I am taking care of tomorrow.

Sounds like bubble algae to me. Couldn't tell without a pic, but if you have a hair algae issue then it might be bubble trying to creep up as well. I have it show up in my tank once and awhile. You can easily remove it, just be careful not to pop the bubble. They are a tad harder than you'd think though.

These are the photos

Attachments

• image-3230576792.jpg
    image-3230576792.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 104
  • image-1526622111.jpg
    image-1526622111.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 99
Oh, you have a cyanobacteria outbreak. Simply siphon it out. But that and the hair algae are pointing out a larger issue of poor water quality. Do you use RO/DI water? How long has the tank been set up?

Sniperhank said:
Oh, you have a cyanobacteria outbreak. Simply siphon it out. But that and the hair algae are pointing out a larger issue of poor water quality. Do you use RO/DI water? How long has the tank been set up?

I used just tap to start out. It's been their for 2 month. But I'm putting in salt water you buy from the store for the changes and stuff. How do you siphon it out?

Back
Top Bottom