What fish can I put in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dude, I'm not trying to be jacked up or anything bro, but I witnessed these loaches live for 11 years, that's one year ABOVE average lifespan, they lived happily until eventually everything must come to an end, and that was in a 10 gallon double that should be plenty for them, so I would go for three as they like to be in groups, i had 4 in a 10 gallon, but in the 20 gallon I would keep three, more space

There's no way they should be in a 20 gallon they should be in a tank 4 times their length or a 4 foot tank. Please don't get a dojo aka weather loach. Honestly after you cycle your tank. You know what that is right? Get something like

1- Honey Gourami
8- Neon Tetras
5- Peppered Cory's. or

12- Neon Tetras
5- Peppered Cory's.

Ok dude, whatever u say, have you ever even kept these fish before or what

Yes I have in a 46 gallon tank I had they got pretty big about 10 inches before I sold them to a guy with a 75 gallon. You don't know what your talking about if you wanna keep them in a 10 gallon.

Btw quit calling me dude and bro who said we were friends.

Dude, we are talking about 20 gallons here, mine were not 10 inches, 12 and one half inches, 11 years so maybe your the one that doesn't know what they are talking about

It's okay, I won't get one anyways so it's fine! But just don't argue please. ):

Now here's a controversial opinion... But you have to be willing to plan ahead.

If you want a cool fish, get some young clown loaches. These guys will grow, too. But in captivity they generally cap out at about 6 inches or so. About a foot in the wild. Problem is that even at 6", you don't have room for 3 of these guys.... But..... They don't grow just too terribly fast. You could probably enjoy some for a couple of years before you have to get rid of them. That's where the planning comes in-if you ever do anything like this, make sure you have a new and appropriate place for them to go. Might be your new 125 gallon tank, a friend, or selling to the LFS.

Yes, clown loaches are pretty cool two, they are loaches like the one I mentioned above just a bit different, but pretty cool:)

Now here's a controversial opinion... But you have to be willing to an ahead.

If you want a cool fish, get some young clown loaches. These guys will grow, too. But in captivity they generally cap out at about 6 inches or so. About a foot in the wild. Problem is that even at 6", you don't have room for 3 of these guys.... But..... They don't grow just too terribly fast. You could probably enjoy some for a couple of years before you have to get rid of them. That's where the planning comes in-if you ever do anything like this, make sure you have a new and appropriate place for them to go. Might be your new 125 gallon tank, a friend, or selling to the LFS.

Honestly I wouldn't do this either just my opinion but clowns get to big Idc how slow they grow. Just get some Cory cats or Kuhli loaches both are small bottom dwellers.

The kuhlis are like dojos in a way just smaller and actually do well in a 20 gallon tank.

Honestly I wouldn't do this either just my opinion but clowns get to big Idc how slow they grow. Just get some Cory cats or Kuhli loaches both are small bottom dwellers.

I definitely can't disagree with that. Besides, corys are cool little fish. They can be a lot of fun to watch and they are definitely gonna help keep things clean!

Here's a clown loach, doesn't have the snakelike body, but still pretty cool, tiger looking

Attachments

• image-403462358.jpg
    image-403462358.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 42
Sorry I'm done now. But yah look into kuhlis or Cory cats.

Please don't get a clown loach or weather loach these fish get way to large for a 20 gallon.

Sorry I'm done now. But yah look into kuhlis or Cory cats.

I agree with that. The kuhli may be a good "best of both worlds" fish that gives you the cool loach with more of the Cory size. I think they may be a bit shy and tend to hide during the day, though. Not 100% sure.

Shannon, it's up to you, but yes, as mr cool said black kuhli loaches are smaller, 4 inches there is also this pretty cool variation of the kuhli that is striped, here are both really cool too:)

Attachments

• image-2365412576.jpg
    image-2365412576.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 38
  • image-1478342391.jpg
    image-1478342391.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited by a moderator:
If you are keeping this loach, sand is really recommended, as their scales are really fragile, and in hard rock they can cut themselves

Haha, well odds are I won't get a Loach anyways! So you've for nothing to worry about. I'm satisfied with Cory's!

If you get mystery snails keep an eye on them, I have found most fish think there feelers are worms and eat them off. Specifically keep an eye out if you go for rams.

I agree with that. The kuhli may be a good "best of both worlds" fish that gives you the cool loach with more of the Cory size. I think they may be a bit shy and tend to hide during the day, though. Not 100% sure.

I think I showed a bit of ignorance here. I don't know anything about kuhli loaches... I was thinking of yoyo loaches. Sorry.

If you are trying a heated tank, look into cardinal tetras, they are really cool red white and blue color, jumbo neon tetras are that same color too, just cheaper, they are really nice fish here are both, the one with two fish is the jumbo neon tetra, the cheaper one, the one with more fish is the cardinal, a bit more expensive

Attachments

• image-2620401290.jpg
    image-2620401290.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 35
  • image-932780009.jpg
    image-932780009.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom