What fish can I put in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now here's a controversial opinion... But you have to be willing to plan ahead.

If you want a cool fish, get some young clown loaches. These guys will grow, too. But in captivity they generally cap out at about 6 inches or so. About a foot in the wild. Problem is that even at 6", you don't have room for 3 of these guys.... But..... They don't grow just too terribly fast. You could probably enjoy some for a couple of years before you have to get rid of them. That's where the planning comes in-if you ever do anything like this, make sure you have a new and appropriate place for them to go. Might be your new 125 gallon tank, a friend, or selling to the LFS.

No no, they actually grow very fast! Also, the reason they 'cap out at 6 inches' is because they are stunted. I wouldn't start them out in anything less then a 55G, with plans of upgrading to a 150 in a few months. They also like schools!!

I bought a new one that the person at my pet store recommended, I'll have to check tomorrow. I have to set up my tank and cycle it though

Oh yea, what I always do is that if I ave a 20 gallon, I buy two 20 gallon filters, or a 40 gallon filter, you can't ever be too clean!

And Shannon, this is what we always tell the people new to here, never listen to people from chain stores like petsmart or petco they dont know anything and will just tell you anything for the money, seriously they told me I could keep three goldfish in a 10 gallon, for three goldfish you need like 40 gallons minimum, they would sell you a great white shark in a50 gallon just to sell, so don't listen to hem, ask here!

It was a smaller store and from what I've heard trustworthy. Hopefully! But I will ask on here. :)

I personally would do a school of about 10 or 15 neon tetras since you are only going to have 4 cory cats with them. That's just me though.

Ok good, small local stores are always the best! I mean, you can buy at chain stores, just don't trust them too much

Back
Top Bottom