What fish can I put in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes they are but they need groups if about 6 and low light tanks. With lots of hiding spots kind of a hard fish to take care of

Yea, they only get to be 4 inches, they are middle to lower class swimmers, and they don't really add to your bio load, so really good option

That's true, though I wouldn't go all too extreme to 6 three are ok, just one center piece is good for hiding places, mine really like to hide in this, really cool decoration, not too expensive, they come bigger than this too

Attachments

• image-1229336504.jpg
    image-1229336504.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 18
  • image-4186277976.jpg
    image-4186277976.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 20
The light doesn't really matter as long as you provide plants that might shade parts of the tank and a large, center piece to your aquarium, here is mine

Attachments

• image-3271013716.jpg
    image-3271013716.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 20
Well it's all good. No need to worry. I'd never put a fish in harm or in a tank that's too small for it. I'd get a tank the size of my room if it meant the fish would be happy and healthy. I think I've already decided on the first group I'm going to get. Goldfish loach boy is just showing me some other cool catfish. :)

Yes, all up to you, however you want to keep the order and type of fish you have, it's all up to you:)

I wasn't worrying lol I was just saying how they need large groups.

No I know! I just meant anyone commenting on here. They kept telling me what not to get, which for the most part I know. Besides the fact that I've settled on something.

Yea, they do need groups, when I got my first one I had it alone, it wasn't very happy when I got a partner for him, it looked like they had switched out my catfish for another one, I only kept two of them together, they were really happy, but hey, the more the merrier!

No I know! I just meant anyone commenting on here. They kept telling me what not to get, which for the most part I know. Besides the fact that I've settled on something.

Oh ok what did you decide on?

Some Cory's (two would be fine right?) and neon tetras. I have to get another tank as well because in a few months I'm getting some African dwarf frogs. I find them so perfectly adorable for some reason, lol.

Some Cory's (two would be fine right?) and neon tetras. I have to get another tank as well because in a few months I'm getting some African dwarf frogs. I find them so perfectly adorable for some reason, lol.

They like to hang in groups of at least 4 :)

I would recommend at least 4 corys. They'll just be happier that way. You might try your luck with the ADFs in this tank once its established. It's not unheard of go have success. I did for about a year. When that success stopped, it was without a doubt because of mistakes I made.

Cool, two Cory's would be perfect, they love to play with each other all day long, at least mine do, but I've had some pretty boring ones, you could probably put 6 neon tetras in your tank, you should also get an apple snail, these fish wont harm it it's really entertaining root watch them eat, it looks like they are kissing the glass, really cool, also called mystery snails.

Back
Top Bottom