What fish should I add next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Landonwyeley16

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have finished cycling my tank and finally got my first fish; a school of 6 Von rio flame tetras. So I would like to know how long tail I can add more fish? Which fish should I add?
This is what I would like to have in my community tank including the tetras:
1 pearl gourami
3 yo yo loaches
1 bristle nose pleco
2 German blue rams
I am also considering maybe another pearl or a dwarf and at least 3 maybe even 5 more flame tetras.
So let me know what u think be in mind I will also be adding live plants replacing the fake ones I have already. If u have any suggestions on what plants I should add let me know I am still new at this and am still quite open to any changes as long as they are still along these lines. Thank you.

Did you do a fishless cycle dosing ammonia up to 4ppm? If so you can pretty much add all the fish except the rams. Once your done with a fishless cycle your BB is built up to a very high level and if you don't add the bulk of your stock in the BB will begin dying off from lack of food (ammonia produced by the fish). So I would add the gourami, loaches, bnp, and a couple more tetra's.

The reason you don't want to add GBR's yet is they don't usually do very well in newly established tanks where water parameters are always the most stable. They are also very sensitive to nitrates so be sure to keep them under 20ppm. When the tank is 4-6 months old then you can add the rams.

Ok thank you I will do that and do u think I can have a dwarf with my pearl or should I stick with just the one pearl.

Ok thank you I will do that and do u think I can have a dwarf with my pearl or should I stick with just the one pearl.

I'd stick with the pearl if it were my tank as they have always been model community tank residents. DG's on the other hand can be mellow or IMO more aggressive and it just depends on the individual temperament.

Back
Top Bottom