What is a sump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that you have me curious, is your setup noisy? With my SW, the fact that there is water "draining" into an overflow an pouring into a sump, there is a bit of noise. Not much, but some. My FW is completely silent though.

Now that you have me curious, is your setup noisy? With my SW, the fact that there is water "draining" into an overflow an pouring into a sump, there is a bit of noise. Not much, but some. My FW is completely silent though.

There is something you make to stop the draining noise but I can't remember the name of it

I made it. It worked, just isn't silent. It's okay, but it wouldn't fly in the family room. My wife wants it to be silent. I had a HoB on there when my marineland c360 failed until I could get the Eheim. It about drove her crazy.

I made it. It worked, just isn't silent. It's okay, but it wouldn't fly in the family room. My wife wants it to be silent. I had a HoB on there when my marineland c360 failed until I could get the Eheim. It about drove her crazy.
Mine was dead silent. Did you drill the tiny hole in the top?

Why not with an overflow box & drilled...you can do both in one

Back
Top Bottom