What is the best nano aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YaBuddyHuddie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had my eyes set on a 5 gallon marineland tank, but Idk if it's the best option. What is the best aquarium to start a nano tank with on the market. Anywhere between 1-7 gallons is about all I have room for.

I'll have to look it up.

Way out of my price range.

Anything else?

Last edited by a moderator:
You ask what is the best on the market. What is your definition of the best? Cost? Quality? In this hobby, you often get what you pay for. Quite honestly, that is not a bad price for what amounts to a complete setup.

Are you just looking for a tank? Or are you looking for a complete system? There aren't many other complete systems out that as small as you are looking for. Are you planning on a reef? What types of coral do you want to keep?

I'd like something that has the basic necessities for a nano tank. I have never kept saltwater before. Yes, I know bigger tanks are easier but I have no room for one. And as far as corals, I'm not sure because I don't know much about them.

Trying to setup a 5 gal reef as your first SW tank is not a good idea, imo. More power to you if you want to try it, but reef tanks are delicate, and changes happen extremely quickly in a 5 gal tank.

I understand it's hard but I'm up for the challenge. Corals and inverts are just so interesting and beautiful to me. Take a look at these screenshots. Do you guys think the author has a good plan here?

Attachments

• image-1509444987.jpg
    image-1509444987.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image-1533999758.jpg
    image-1533999758.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image-4084211036.jpg
    image-4084211036.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 91
I don't know much, but it sounds pretty good to me. Just remember to keep doing your own research. It seems to me that w/in a relatively broad spectrum, different things work for different people. Most of all, have fun!

MonkeyCandy said:
I don't know much, but it sounds pretty good to me. Just remember to keep doing your own research. It seems to me that w/in a relatively broad spectrum, different things work for different people. Most of all, have fun!

I agree completely!

The aqueon evolve had been great for me!! You can do a nano reef in the 4 gallon one but the 8 is better. Also te stock light will support some corals. Mines a freshwater setup but the filter and light are superb for the price!

Aqueonevolve4 said:
The aqueon evolve had been great for me!! You can do a nano reef in the 4 gallon one but the 8 is better. Also te stock light will support some corals. Mines a freshwater setup but the filter and light are superb for the price!

I think the aqueon 8 is going to be the winner. After a lot of research I think it's the best candidate. And if all fails with saltwater, I'll make it planted freshwater.

Back
Top Bottom