What is the "theme" of your aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Theme and Fish names

We also have the "Sunken Fish" Theme we have a ship, buried treasure, Barrels,

My Betta is named "Apple". 3 Bala Sharks names are "Shrek", "Gingy", and "Donkey".. The white snail is now "Jumanji" My 6 year old named them.

My BGK fish is named "Dracula" because he's more active at night and it just seemed to fit LOL.
I'm still waiting for my boyfriend to name his Rubber lip and 2 Silver Dollars

My theme is...well...."abstract art". Right now I'm stuck between wanting to do a completely natural looking tank and a fantasy tank, with all those silly decorations and whatnot. Going to do a bit of both and when I decide I'll go with a bigger tank (55g) and do a full scale project.

Mine is "country living" Old house with water wheel and plenty of dogs around it.drunk country man on a barrel and a rustic car.

studmaster said:
Hey guys and gals,

Okay, here are the pics I said I would upload of my two tanks. The first set are pics I just took of my TV Aquarium. It looks really good in the dark, but then of course it's harder to take a picture in focus.

I see old tv's like that at the side of the road all the time. I would love to know how the heck you did that, would make scooping one of them up totally worth it.

My 55 community tank is a mixture of cichlids and catfish from Lakes Tanganykia and Malawi, with a BN pleco and a school of 10 dwarf neon rainbows. Natural rocks, a couple of barnacle clusters, natural gravel and plastic plants. What would YOU call it? (Besides an interesting mess...that works, with a few occaisonal fry.) :D
My other 55 has Tanganykian cichlids, black gravel, natural and plastic rocks, a couple of large pieces of natural coral, 7-8 good-size barnacle clusters, 45 gold-mouth turbo shells (for the multi's) and plastic plants. :)
My 38 is a Neolamp. gracilis colony, 3 adults, ~75 fry/young fish, natural rocks, gravel, and some old silk plants.
My 29 has a pair of Tanganykian spiny eels, a few gracilis fry (I was hoping the eels would eat them, but they prefer frozen food), black gravel, real natural and resin rocks, plastic plants, and lots of natural algae since I moved the BN to the 55. :roll:
My 10 gallon is inverts and live plants, cherry shrimp, MTS and ramshorn snails, java moss, java fern, duckweed, riccia, and an unidentified stem plant of some sort.
MTS in all but one tank, but only in excessive numbers in the 55 community.

I had a bunch of seashells I collected when I lived in Florida, and my frog seemed like he needed somewhere to hide, so I boiled them and tossed them in. The shells all have a nice pinkish orange hue to them, so I got an orange and pink natural-looking rock with a hole in it as a centerpiece. I purchased white gravel, but I'm reconsidering that since its starting to turn a bit green even with weekly water changes and bi-weekly vaccuuming. Maybe I need a snail....

Anyway, I have an oscar and an albino clawed frog. Their names are Evil Knevil and Heff. Evil the oscar is named because of his pension for jumping out of the tank when I feed him and my girlfriend named the frog Heff because she says he looks like Hugh Heffner.

mine is tyhe classic all natural look, with tan and brown gravel, rocks, some pebbles, lots of flowing plants along with short ones, caves and fake stumps and driftwood

My swordtails are named on a theme. When I brought them home, the largest female had her tail nipped by one of her tank mates. It was right where the sword would be on a male. I called her Narsil. The other female didn't have such a wound. I called her Andruil. And the male, being smaller than the others is called Sting.

For those that don't recognize the reference. Narsil is the broken sword of kings that sliced the ring from Sauron's (sp?) hand in the Lord of the Rings. Andruil is the reforged sword of Narsil, Arigorn's sword. Sting is Frodo's dagger that glows blue when orcs are near. So you could say I have a LOTR Sword theme.

Looks excellent Studmaster,
Did you sand and vanish the TV yourself, looks like an awsome job. Every thing about it looks well thoguht out. Good work!

Yea I'd like to know that too? How do you remove fish or feed? does the top open like the old phonograghs. You know the ones with the 8 track tape players in it. LOL i remenber 8 track tapes do you? Oh wait that's telling my age.
OH yea the topic is theme of my tank. Well this see. I have 20 so I'll just list the larger ones. LOL
75gal planted / Amozon river bank.
75gal #2 south Americn swamp with busted trees.
29gal planted/ American lake bottom.
10gal / Desert lake bottom with star grass edged bank.

The rest are bare bottomed breeding tanks so no big deal there. Oh wait 10g rocky shore line killi tank. Other then those and the betta tanks nothing named but the betta's and my dragonfish or vilot goby named teeth do to him have a lot of them. LOL That's about it.

Now back to the TV, Does it have a filter on the back or does it set to the side of the TV?

Back
Top Bottom