What is this fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homer8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I Know ive seen it before. This tank is at my dentist. Id say its about 30 gallons. It doesnt look like the fish have much room to swim. There is a common pleco 5 swordtails a few neons, blue 3 spot gourami and about 4-5 silver dollars cray cat and another 6 inch fish that is in hiding i have no idea what it could be cause i cant see it. The pleco is about 7-8 inches.

Attachments

• image-434578132.jpg
    image-434578132.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 91
  • image-3083141465.jpg
    image-3083141465.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 85
  • image-1849455635.jpg
    image-1849455635.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 80
Are you talking about the fish in the first picture (I assume so since you didn't say anything about it)?

The fish in the first picture is a Feather Fin catfish, or at least a similar looking catfish.

But if I must say, that aquarium is way over stocked. Silver Dollars need at least a 75 gallon tank (A 55 gallon can be a starter or grow out tank), The catfish needs at least a 55 gallon, the common pleco (That can get up to 12-24 inches long) needs at least a 100+ gallon tank.

I would definitely consult with who takes care of that to warn them that the aquarium is over stocked.

PHP said:
Are you talking about the fish in the first picture (I assume so since you didn't say anything about it)?

The fish in the first picture is a Feather Fin catfish, or at least a similar looking catfish.

But if I must say, that aquarium is way over stocked. Silver Dollars need at least a 75 gallon tank (A 55 gallon can be a starter or grow out tank), The catfish needs at least a 55 gallon, the common pleco (That can get up to 12-24 inches long) needs at least a 100+ gallon tank.

I would definitely consult with who takes care of that to warn them that the aquarium is over stocked.
Thats exactly the fish i was talking about.

I have actually talked to the cleaning service who stocked it last year and they do not think it is over stocked at all and i told them it was but they said they think they would know better then me.

My dentist office is stuffed with tanks like this. Everywhere I turn there's a other 20 gal jammed full. *shudder*

Back
Top Bottom