What is this thing!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah. It blended really well. I saw movement on the zoas and was like what is that!? So I caught it with tweezers. I'm glad I got it out of there!

Ya he was eating them then. They take on the appearance of their food. You will need to keep an eye out for eggs now though. I had one in my zoas about 4 months ago and left a trail of bite marks on my zoas.

Mrc8858 said:
Ya he was eating them then. They take on the appearance of their food. You will need to keep an eye out for eggs now though. I had one in my zoas about 4 months ago and left a trail of bite marks on my zoas.

I have NO idea where he came from but it explains why my zoas have been unhappy lately. I haven't added any new rock or coral since right after my cycle ended. 2 months ago maybe!? I have to watch out for more now.

Mine popped up 2 months after adding the zoa colony that Im 99% sure he hitched a ride on. Most likely he was a last surviving egg.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Thats what i thought. Found one, thought the problem was over and grant found 3 more the next day.

Well ya its possible but they do take a little time to reproduce so getting them early can stop it from the start.

You could quarantine your zoas if thats an option and any zoa eating nudibranch will starve in your tank while treating the zoas for eggs and young nudis

Mrc8858 said:
You could quarantine your zoas if thats an option and any zoa eating nudibranch will starve in your tank while treating the zoas for eggs and young nudis

What would I treat the zoas with?

Nothing you can do about the eggs but freshwater dips will kill the adults so a weekly or biweekly dip while qt could kill off any potential nudis as they hatch and before they can reproduce again. Alot like dealing with fleas lol

Bearchumjs said:
How would I do a freshwater dip?

With rodi water. Just match the temp and pH to your tank and put the Zoa in there for about 3 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom