What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lewis.jc90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
34abdb9dd7a77858ea83b5a591fb84d3.jpg

A friend gave me this. It was from his aunties who has sadly passed away. Trouble is it is attacking all my other fish. I've had to put it in a seperate tank which is way to small. I am moving in 2 weeks & can't afford a bigger tank just now... help! Xxx

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Hard to say from the pic, but it looks like a weather loach.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
ca92e4f790460c590ffc8bff987c6317.jpg
1500e4946b647f1ddfddb16ea1ffe92e.jpg

Do these ones make it easier & if it is then what is the best way to care for it. In my main tank I have 2 red tail minnows, a Molly, 2 white cloud mountain minnows, 2 platys & a small goldfish (the one with 2 tails, this is temporary till I have another large tank) the tank is 100l. This fish is around 10cm & is currently in a 17l tank which I know is too small xxx

Never heard of a loach like this being non-communal?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nor me. Maybe it was used to being on its own. Definitely a weather Loach.

Ya or dojo loach he is soo fun to keep and don't worry feed him well especially blood worms and after while he will eat from ur hands like mine

Could it possibly be a Margined Madtom?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Aggressive?! That's really strange...I love dojos (This is a golden(or silver in this case) dojo loach, aka weather loach) but I have never heard of them being aggressive...

ca92e4f790460c590ffc8bff987c6317.jpg
1500e4946b647f1ddfddb16ea1ffe92e.jpg

Do these ones make it easier & if it is then what is the best way to care for it. In my main tank I have 2 red tail minnows, a Molly, 2 white cloud mountain minnows, 2 platys & a small goldfish (the one with 2 tails, this is temporary till I have another large tank) the tank is 100l. This fish is around 10cm & is currently in a 17l tank which I know is too small xxx

100 liters = 26g.

Red Tail Minnows ? Don't know that species.

The Goldfish will need a big tank ASAP to prevent stunting.

Platies and Mollies usually prefer warmer water

You might want to set up the Goldfish in a 40g and
Set up the current tank for your Platies and Molly ?

Dojo Loaches hit 8" easily and get stocky. They need a tight lid as they can be escape artists. They can be cool water fish easily.

Keep testing water in both tanks. You may need to do frequent PWCs.

Loaches are very interesting. I hope you can get him into a larger space or a new home in the future.

Back
Top Bottom