What is this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Konrade

Aquarium Advice Freak
I don't have a camera, sorry. but it looks like a 2 inch spiny white sort of translucent sea cucumber. It has sort of a crown on the end, and it has split into TWO!!! Then, as I was looking around in my tank, I noticed tons of little white things on my glass, maybe isopods, and so I brushed them off. Now, a coupke weeks later the thing is bigger and there are like ten centimeter long ones on the back of my PH. It is freaking me out. They are definitely not pods either. They have like a crown on one and and they are prickly and spiny. Any ideas?

lol Nothing to worry about. Sounds like q-tip sponges. They are harmless filterfeeders. The things on your glass sound like copepods.

Thats the thing, I thought they were pods too but I looked at them closely and they look exactly like a mini one of those sponges. Also, the thing moves around, and seems too get lots of "waste" in it's spines. I didn't think sponges did that?? Thanks for the i.d. I'll google it.

Back
Top Bottom