What is your biggest tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is a 30.025 american gallon tank huge?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

qwertie

Aquarium Advice Freak
my mum says that no one has a 30.025 (american gallon) tank, she says they are huge (theyre tiny really) I beg to differ, Please say what your biggest tank is so i can prove her wrong.

Mine are a pair of 275 US gallon tanks, and amongst people I know that have predatory fish, I am average-small, as many of them have 300-500 gallon tanks (and some have tanks even larger than that).....and most of the reefers I know have reef tanks of 200 gallons plus. I would suggest that average tank size in my city is probably 30-50 US gallons.

I have a 38 gallon that I bought to get back into this hobby. I enjoy smaller tanks for species specific/quarantine/misc reasons, but I doubt I'll purchase another community style tank smaller then my 38.

In the world of aquariums, bigger always seems better. I have (2) 125 gallon tanks and am wishing I went even larger.

My 58 gal has a footprint 3 feet wide and 18 inches deep. I consider it neither small, nor huge. It's in good proportion with my 11 x 18 livingroom. (I often wish I got a 75 gal, tho. :wink: )

30 gallon long is my only tank - although my dad has two 55s that I'm sure I'll 'inherit' at some point in the next couple of years, as he's doing nothing with them currently.

Of course, convincing my wife that we have another 10 sqaure feet for the footprint (the stand is iron doublestacked) room for more fish would probably require moving into a larger home. : grin :

My biggest is a 55 gallon. I also have a 5 gallon, 20 gallon, 29 gallon, and 35 gallon. I used to think 55 gallons was big but it looks small to me now! :lol: I can't wait til I get some more money (and floorspace) so I can get a 125 gallon or larger. 8)

Mine is 30 gal. Daughter has 2 x 20 gal with crayfish. dreaming on a 55-60 gal after finishing the basement

:wink:

well the biggest tank i have a 29 gal, which IMO its big cause its my only tank

its a heck of alot bigger than a 10 gal tank so yea its a pretty good size

Last month I went from a 20 gal that I had used for 5 years to a 75 gal tank. Now I already want an even bigger tank. lol
icon_Banana-LlamaBlob.gif

I started with a 30 Gallon tank and was quite happy with it....Until I picked up my 130 Gallon. The price for things increases exponentially with the more gallons you have. More fish, more chemicals, more substrate (gravel), more decorations, more filtering, more lighting....on and on and on. I couldn't imagine running a Reef aquarium in a tank larger than 30 Gallons because it would drain the bank! Reef aquariums tend to be much more costly than FW...But they are much more attractive and colorful...

Bottom line is, a 30 Gallon aquarium should be fine...and since you're not the one paying the bill, you should be happy with it until you can afford something bigger. :)

lol, i know!!! but me thinks I need something bigger now!! im gonna beggggggggggggggg 4 a bigger 1! (probs unsucsesfully) But if theyres anyone out there that can give a cute little me a good tank (bout 60 gals) PLEASE, do so, lol

qwertie said:
...that can give a cute little me a good tank (bout 60 gals) PLEASE, do so, lol

Drat, I had a 150 I was gonna give ya but it's too big. :wink:

Started with a 20 gal, then later on bought a 75 gal on ebay. Oh, then got a 10 gal from a friend. Only thing I don't like about bigger tanks is longer maintenance time.

started with a 2gal "betta-home".
two weeks later got a 20gal
one year later I have a 75gal and upgraded the "bett-home" to a 5gal just for him.

What is really interesting is one the tank is setup and filled it doesn't seem so big anymore. "Maybe a 5' or 6' would have looked good, Why don't we just buy it and find out?" lol

Back
Top Bottom