What is your recommended "Read this first" site?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ErinMcG

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi folks,
Just found out that my son's best friend's dad is planning to set up a 10 gallon. He has always wanted fish and when his ex was getting rid of the tank, he asked for it. Now, turns out that she was getting rid of the tank because her fish kept dying. I asked if he had read about cycling the tank yet and he looked at me like I was speaking another language. I suggested that he look up the forums and he started to look really worried. He also looked really unhappy with the idea of a fish-less cycle.

I don't want to overwhelm him and I don't want to scare him off, but I do want to point him in the right direction so that he can make some smart and informed choices. If you could recommend only one website or resource (other than this forum, which I love, but can be overwhelming if you are new to both fish keeping and forums!), which site would you recommend and why?

Thumbs up with starting here! When I was introduced to the hobby almost a year ago by my friend he took me straight to this site. Best advice I have gotten so far! :p

AA has the best articles and great guides to start up a tank, I couldn't say that AA isn't is the place to recommend. :D I know your looking for other sites but this place has it all and great people that will help you solve any issue.

Back
Top Bottom