What kind of hitxhhiker is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh isn't that lovely. LOL Ok, now I need to know how to rid the tank of it. From what I have read, just plucking it will most likely cause it to spread. Any suggestions?

Oh, and by the way, Thanks to both of you.

If you have kalkwasser just mix it to a paste and inject the little guy dead center in his mouth. Be quick too or he'll retract. Youc an also use aiptasia X or any other aiptasia stuff just be sure to get him good.
lol

If you have kalkwasser just mix it to a paste and inject the little guy dead center in his mouth. Be quick too or he'll retract. Youc an also use aiptasia X or any other aiptasia stuff just be sure to get him good.
lol

Thanks Carey. I don't have any of that stuff but I have to go to one of our Job Sites this afternoon which just happens to be near my fav LFS. Imagine how that happens. :)

If I have one, what are the chances there is more? My wife said she saw a couple days ago but didn't bother to tell me. LOL

I thought Ihad one, after further searching I found 8 more. And this is in a tank that has boaut 15lbs of live rock which was complete base a couple months ago. I havent added anything to it in months but they are still sprouting up from god knows where. if you have one odds are there are more. check under the rocks and in the corners of the tank.

I thought Ihad one, after further searching I found 8 more. And this is in a tank that has boaut 15lbs of live rock which was complete base a couple months ago. I havent added anything to it in months but they are still sprouting up from god knows where. if you have one odds are there are more. check under the rocks and in the corners of the tank.

That is what I was afeared of. LOL I guess I can't complain too much. I have been amazed with how well my tank and all the critters have done considering I am a first timer. I have to expect some sort of set back just so you guys don't start hating me. LOL

By the way, you can't see it in that photo but the head just below this one has split into two in just over a week. Surprised me to see that happen so quick.

Picked up some Aptasia-X this afternoon and dosed it tonight. Little bugger ia quick!!!! LOL I think I got him pretty good but he still retracted so I covered the entire spot with the Aptasia-X. Hope it does the trick.

You need to jab him right in his mouth to get him. It seems creepy but thats the only way for sure to get em. Coating him or the area won't do the trick. Just close your eyes and stab a way. lol

You need to jab him right in his mouth to get him. It seems creepy but thats the only way for sure to get em. Coating him or the area won't do the trick. Just close your eyes and stab a way. lol

Oh it didn't bother me but I was trying to follow the written directions. It said to release some as I approached it and it would close around it. Then I could coat the entire mouth area. But, as soon I stuck it in he retracted. I am pretty sure I got a good glob in there and when he contracted it had to coat everything. But, since I couldn't get any more in his mouth and I knew I couldn't put what was left back in the bottle I figured I might as well cover him. If he comes up for air he is going to have a surprise waiting for him. LOL

I used aptasia x and got rid of them but they came back so a guy told me about peppermint shrimp and I bought some and before I knew aptasia was gone and haven't seen them since. Only time I see the shrimp now is when the lights go off. This is the best solution for aptasia.:)

I used aptasia x and got rid of them but they came back so a guy told me about peppermint shrimp and I bought some and before I knew aptasia was gone and haven't seen them since. Only time I see the shrimp now is when the lights go off. This is the best solution for aptasia.:)

Haven't seen it come back yet but I am keeping an eye out for it. May look into the shrimp if I see it again. I have a Fire Shrimp now. Do they get along with the Peppermint?

Good news is, I have not seen it again nor have I seen any others so maybe I got him good enough. (Oh, I shouldn't have said that out loud huh?)

rdnelson99 said:
Haven't seen it come back yet but I am keeping an eye out for it. May look into the shrimp if I see it again. I have a Fire Shrimp now. Do they get along with the Peppermint?

I can only speak from my experience. I have a fire shrimp, 2 cleaner shrimp, and a peppermint shrimp. My tank is rather larger so they have there own space. I rarely see the fire shrimp, and the peppermint on see it at night.

They can be bad so i reccomend 1cc of peppermint shrimp in that tank stat! Lol i crack my self up!

Back
Top Bottom