What Made You Want A Freshwater Aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fluffy the Betta

Well, my ghost knife fish seems darn happy. :lol: Granted, now I'm learning about fish vitamins (never realized they existed) and plant vitamins. Sheesh. There is just so much to learn!

But, I am having a lot of fun.

Monica

My son wanted a pet frog. So now we have about 300 gallons worth of glass around the house being used or plans to be used in the near future. All because of 1 small African dwarf frog and a 5 year old boy.

My son wanted a pet frog. So now we have about 300 gallons worth of glass around the house being used or plans to be used in the near future. All because of 1 small African dwarf frog and a 5 year old boy.
Smart boy.
My grandson was 6 with 1 fish and a 10g tank. Now it's 2 55g tanks and 2 10g tanks with plans for a 75g and a 90g upgrade.
This hobby not only grows on you, it just plain grows.

My five year old nephew comes to visit and he heads straight to the big aquarium to see the giant fish. :) He's always comparing his betta to my betta and making comments like he thinks he'd do fine in my semi-aggressive tank. Sigh. He's too young to realize that the Betta just isn't the lion that he appears to be. LOL.

A betta. I've kept fish, well my dad kept fish when I was little, and while in petsmart to buy food for my dogs, I saw some bettas. I got one and a tiny little betta habitat thing. I then realized it was way to small for the betta, and got a 10 gallon with a filter. Few days later, I got a 15 gallon from my uncle. About a week later, I wanted an even bigger tank, and brought back the tank from my childhood, all because of a betta. :fish2:

This is what make me want a new tank!
But i have enough...

Attachments

• image-1758781613.jpg
    image-1758781613.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 143
  • image-3451651798.jpg
    image-3451651798.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 137
  • image-1151827580.jpg
    image-1151827580.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 146
  • image-833254803.jpg
    image-833254803.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 134
  • image-178264507.jpg
    image-178264507.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 137
They are asterophysus batracus alias gulper catfish!
They are 6 and 7 inch long with a max diameter of 1.5 inch but they grow to 10-12 inch!
Great fish!

They are asterophysus batracus alias gulper catfish!
They are 6 and 7 inch long with a max diameter of 1.5 inch but they grow to 10-12 inch!
Great fish!

I've never heard of them before but that doesn't mean much.
They do look like they'd be great fish. I'll have to do some research and learn more about them.
Thank you for sharing.

Fairground Goldfish :D

This is one of the goldfish we won at a fair - these guys are the reason I started keeping freshwater aquariums :D (His name is Beer Battered lol!)

img_1372678_0_0e3e68c387c0578fd762e65af03970a0.jpg

This is one of the goldfish we won at a fair - these guys are the reason I started keeping freshwater aquariums :D (His name is Beer Battered lol!)

:brows: Beer Battered??? That's as bad as a neighbor of mine that had a rabbit by the name of Stuart, Stu for short.
But Beer is beautiful. :fish2:

This Christmas my parents just gave me a small betta tank, and I fell in love with it. So then I started looking at bigger tanks and I really wanted one, so I promised them if I took very good care of my betta, they will get me a larger tanks. So as of now I have a 20 gallon aquarium1

To peer into another world. To give my fish a good life. Because it's fascinating, relaxing and often makes me smile to watch them all going about their business.

I got in to this hobby to pull me away from the addicting PS3. I've been sober for 6 months now. ;)

roydooms said:
I got in to this hobby to pull me away from the addicting PS3. I've been sober for 6 months now. ;)

Lol, so does starting another one still count as sober? Anyway, I got into it cause my friends and I started a tank that went wrong, and I was the only one that did research. Now, (two tanks later), I can't get enough! Lol.

Homedog98 said:
Lol, so does starting another one still count as sober?

According to the people around me, this one is an acceptable addiction. lol :)

Back
Top Bottom