What other fish to add? (if anything)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J D

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I have a 30 gallon tank (Aqueon 29g deluxe to be exact) with the following:

1 bristlenose pleco
4 cory cats
3 mollys
6 zebra danios
1 dwarf gourami

I was thinking of one more gourami but I hear 2 males is not a good idea. I noticed most of my fish tend to stay toward middle/top and was hoping to add something more middle/bottom.
Would adding anything else make it overstocked? Aqadvisor has me around 100% already, but I do regular water checks and 30% changes weekly.

Do you have a test kit to check the water parameters? Spacewise, you are borderline for being able to add more IMO, butknowing the basic parameters should be a big consideration when it comes to stocking. :)

Do you have a test kit to check the water parameters? Spacewise, you are borderline for being able to add more IMO, butknowing the basic parameters should be a big consideration when it comes to stocking. :)

Yeah I have the kit and parameters are fine - 0 for nh3/nh4 and nitrites, and low nitrates last time i tested. I do regular checking.

I think you're pretty stocked as they grow out. A couple of added cories would probably be fine though. Cories are like jello, there's always room. :D

Since your params are solid, I think you would be ok to add a few more corys. You could try another dg if you want, but there is no guarantee it would work. They can be nasty, or peaceful.
If you want more fish for the bottom, I would recommend a few more corys. I don't think you have room for another school.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom